× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS752TPV2 - Assigning a static IP address to home devices

Randy53215
Follower

GS752TPV2 - Assigning a static IP address to home devices

Hello all, trying to find a solution here.... I have a decent amount of networking knowledge. But I feel like when you get into these sorts of switches the lingo changes. lol

Basically the issue that I'm having is I have a 16 port PoE switch that is getting it's assignments (DHCP) from a Spectrum modem (which Static Address' Spectrum doesn't allow/nor does it work through their modem) so I had to resort to buying this smart managed pro switch in hopes of using this as sort of a DHCP server that can set static address'. I have IP Cameras on said switch along with IP Phones, well the cameras occasionally drop their address and then fall off the NVR because the NVR is still pointing at the old address that the camera had.

I'm familiar with (when setting) static address' entering a MAC address and assigning the desired IP Address with it. I would like to utilize VLAN's as well as set desired IP address' based on the MAC address of the equipment. 

I hope I made my struggle clear and I'm hoping someone can help me. Also as a bonus if there's anything else I should know about this switch and configuration please do let me know, any help is greatly appreciated. I love expanding my tech knowledge.

This switch has 14 (possibly more at a later date) IP Cameras, as well as 5 IP Phones currently.

Appreciate it in advance!!!

Regards,

Randy

Model: GS752TPS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with PoE and 4 SFP uplinks
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Randy53215,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

GS752TPv2 is just a L2 switch and it doesn't support L3 capabilities. IP reservation is only applicable on routers and not on switches even on fully managed switch.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Randy53215,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

GS752TPv2 is just a L2 switch and it doesn't support L3 capabilities. IP reservation is only applicable on routers and not on switches even on fully managed switch.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements