× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS752TPV2 voice and data on same port

sistematico_17
Aspirant

GS752TPV2 voice and data on same port

Hello,

I've tried every possible combination of tagged, untagged, and PVID and can't get the voice and data to work over the same port.

My voice and data are on the same VLAN 1. Is a small office, so no biggie. We added VLAN 30 for the IP cameras, and for some circumstances, we are forced to use a single port for a camera and a VoIP phone. 

How can i configure this port to get both the phone and camera to work? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS752TPV2 voice and data on same port

Voice and data is on the same VLAN 1, so it's the same network, same everything, isn't it? You need to avoid the OID does put in place OID specific VLAN (like Voice). 

Message 2 of 6
sistematico_17
Aspirant

Yes, Voice and data are on the same VLAN 1. However, for this one specific port, I need to connect a Phone that uses VLAN 1 and a Cameras that uses VLAN 30.

What changes do i need to make to get that working? Thanks

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@sistematico_17 wrote:

However, for this one specific port, I need to connect a Phone that uses VLAN 1 and a Cameras that uses VLAN 30.

What does stop you? Keep the VLAN 1 config, just add the VLAN 30 tagged, configure the camera LAN 30 tagged. And then the other areas of the switch and network where you need to carry this VLAN 30 of course.

Message 4 of 6
sistematico_17
Aspirant

Thank you but what you suggested did not work

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

And what does not work?

The simple untagged VLAN 1 with an untagged device? You might look into disabling the Auto-VLAN config on this specific port in case.

The camera configured for VLAN 30 tagged on the port configured for VLAN 30 tagged?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements