× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS752TXP PoE stops working

tantony
Luminary

GS752TXP PoE stops working

I have a total of 4 GS752TXP switches, but one of them, the PoE works for sometimes if I reboot the switch, but eventually the PoE devices (cameras) connected to the switch turns off.  I have the same camera manufacturer connected ot the other switches (just incase if that matters)

All 4 switches have the same exact firmware version.  When I go to the PoE section of the affected switch, it says Invalid Power Source.  What does this mean?  Because I tried different power strip outlet port, and a different power cord, but its the same issue.

Please see attached image.

GS752TXP PoE.png

Model: S3300-52X-PoE+ (GS752TXP)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches with PoE+
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

@tantony wrote:

Thanks for the reply, when I click on that link, nothing opens.  Can you provide me another working link please?

Try a different browser, or close and re-open the browser. https://my.netgear.com/home.aspx is the "complete" default entry URL, but it should be redirected to that point (I admit it's strange Web design).

@tantony wrote:

Also, just to make sure, I can request a free replacement switch, and use this switch till I get the replacment?  Because if not, I'll be short a switch.

For an advance repacement (select opiton probably?), you might have to deposit a credit card for the case the replaced switch isn't returned.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@tantony wrote:

When I go to the PoE section of the affected switch, it says Invalid Power Source.  What does this mean?  Because I tried different power strip outlet port, and a different power cord, but its the same issue.

These switch platforms have the internal ability to be run from multiple power sources, even if not enabled physically on these models - there is no backup power connector available.

Request a hardare replace via https://my.netgear.com - select the device in the list of registered units, and follow the [Request a hardware replacement] process. 

Message 2 of 6
tantony
Luminary

@schumaku 

Thanks for the reply, when I click on that link, nothing opens.  Can you provide me another working link please?

Also, just to make sure, I can request a free replacement switch, and use this switch till I get the replacment?  Because if not, I'll be short a switch.

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@tantony wrote:

Try a different browser, or close and re-open the browser. https://my.netgear.com/home.aspx is the "complete" default entry URL, but it should be redirected to that point (I admit it's strange Web design).

@tantony wrote:

For an advance repacement (select opiton probably?), you might have to deposit a credit card for the case the replaced switch isn't returned.

Message 4 of 6
tantony
Luminary

@schumaku 

Thank you, I'm able to get the link working now.  I'll request a replacement.

Message 5 of 6
tantony
Luminary

@schumaku 

I opened a ticket with Netgear, but I'm not sure what the status is.  I provided the required documents.

This is my case number: 45629442

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements