× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS752TXP Protection IP Rating

fredbeligolo
Aspirant

GS752TXP Protection IP Rating

What is the Protection IP rating of GS752TXP ? Is there any reference for this. Thanks

Model: S3300-52X-PoE+ (GS752TXP)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches with PoE+
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: GS752TXP Protection IP Rating

Hi, thanks for your message.

IP (or "Ingress Protection") ratings are defined in international standard EN 60529 (British BS EN 60529:1992, European IEC 60509:1989). They are used to define levels of sealing effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies (tools, dirt etc) and moisture. NETGEAR switches are not designed for any IP Rating compliance. NETGEAR switches are designed for standard office use. Hence no IP Rating of any sort.

I hope this helps,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Talking of the installation environment, like IP65..IP68? I would see these devices intended to be installed and operated in computer rooms, offices, appartments, and when I have it correct it would mach to sometihng like IP31 (Intrusion: 3 Protection against fingers or other object not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter. Moisture: 1 No protection.*)

*The datasheet does say

Operating
Operating temperature 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
Humidity 90% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
Altitude 10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum

Don't worry about the altitutde, were operating Netgear and other manufacturer similar spec'ed devices at much higher locations here in Switzerland.

Message 2 of 4
fredbeligolo
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

yes im talking about the installation environment, we have the same thought of IP rating for this device (IP31). 

However, what im looking for is a paper/actual document stating the IP rating.

Message 3 of 4
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi, thanks for your message.

IP (or "Ingress Protection") ratings are defined in international standard EN 60529 (British BS EN 60529:1992, European IEC 60509:1989). They are used to define levels of sealing effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies (tools, dirt etc) and moisture. NETGEAR switches are not designed for any IP Rating compliance. NETGEAR switches are designed for standard office use. Hence no IP Rating of any sort.

I hope this helps,
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements