× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS752TXS no reaction after FW update

Semaphor
Initiate

GS752TXS no reaction after FW update

Hello.

I got today a GS752TXS with an old Firmware (FW-V5.2.0.20), thus I made an update to the latest Version (gs7xxtxs-v6.1.0.39.stk) with the procedure described in the "gs7xxtxs-v6.1.0.39_Release_Notes.html" file.

The Uploadpage showed after a while an succesful upload and I configured the "new" image as next an initiated a reset.

Afterwards the device wasn't any longer detectable in my standard Network (192.168.2.x), but it could be found again with  an additional USB-NIC-Adapter in another Network (192.168.0.x).

The SmartControlCenter shows some missing entries:

Semaphor_0-1664143997953.png

I can't connect to switch neither with my own nor the standard password.

That                                   is, what the Switch discovery tool shows:

Semaphor_1-1664145603636.png

Status  of the frontpannel is: Power-LED is orange, all port LEDs are orange too, nothing else.

ping is working

Semaphor_2-1664145749656.png

web  is not

Semaphor_3-1664145822449.png

I tried already a short and long (30s.) reset button, before and afterpowercylce, but no success.

Bottom  line, the switch is still answering, but nothing else, tough how to continue at this status?

kind regards

Martin

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS752TXS no reaction after FW update

@Semaphor,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The GS752TXS firmware v5.2.0.20 was the initial firmware release.  The best approach for updating the firmware to the latest version is to do it in a ladderized manner wherein update the firmware from v5.2.0.20 to v5.2.0.26 then, from v5.2.0.26 to v6.1.0.27 and so on until you reach the latest firmware which is v6.1.0.39.

Based from what happen as you have described in your initial post above, the GS752TXS got bricked since both the power LED and the port LEDs are just lit up orange and unresponsive even after doing several factory reset & powercycle.  Thus, the switch needs to be replaced.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Semaphor
Initiate

Re: GS752TXS no reaction after FW update

Hello DaneA.

Thank your for your quick reply.

It's a kind of strange that nothing went wrong during the FW update but it ends in a desaster

and it's even more strange that it still show's some traces of life, but there shall be no way to get it back to full functionality.

I still wonder if I didn't notice a hind to update step by step or if there was none,

But anyways I need a solution for my situtation and it seems I have to go the hard way and buy a repalcement

Regards

Martin

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements