× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GUI of GS108Ev3 not available after firmware upgrade

MacNet26
Aspirant

GUI of GS108Ev3 not available after firmware upgrade

Hi,

After Upgrading the firmware of my GS108Ev3 to version 2.06.03, the admin GUI of the switch is no longer available. In fact the upgrade process seemed to be corrupted. It said "transferring file" for about 30 minutes, and then the browser stated "site is not reachable".

All switch functionality still seems to be working. All devices connected to the switch are still available and connected to my network. It's just the admin GUI that is no longer reachable in the browser. The switch's IP can not be pinged anymore. I already tried all of these steps:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Managed-Switches/Web-firmware-upgrade-for-GS108Ev3-failing/m-p/1058...

Nothing's changing. Is there some way to get the admin GUI back, maybe some disaster recovery of the firmware? If not - what about the life time warranty I read about? Amazon's return policy does not apply anymore since the switch was bought almost a year ago. How should I proceed? Do I have to get a new switch?

Regards,

Mac

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
MacNet26
Aspirant

Re: GUI of GS108Ev3 not available after firmware upgrade

Amazon kindly sent me a replacement device by now following their warranty policy. Thanks for your advice in trying to fix the switch.

Regards,

Mac

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @MacNet26,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try the following steps below:

a. Clear the cache of the browser you are using then try to access the web-GUI of the GS108Ev3.

b. Use other browsers like Firefox of Safari then try to access the web-GUI of the GS108Ev3.

c. Use other PC or laptop to further isolate the problem.

d. Disconnect the GS108Ev3 switch from your existing network.  Connect a PC directly to a LAN port of the GS108Ev3.  Then try to access the web-GUI of the GS108Ev3.

e. Install the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility on your PC then observe if the GS108Ev3 will be detected.  Check the IP address of the GS108Ev3 that will be detected.  Also, check what is the current firmware version of the GS108Ev3 detected by the utility.  You can download the latest version of the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility here

Let us know the result.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
MacNet26
Aspirant

Hi,

A to D do not make a difference - as stated before.

E: ProSAFE Plus does not find any switch in the network, not pure locally (direct connection between PC or different laptop and switch, static or dynamic IP) and not via the router (also static or dynamic IP).

Regards,

Mac

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MacNet26,

Thanks for the feedback.  Since its still the same problem, I suggest you to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support at anytime for further assistance.  Indicate the troubleshooting steps you have done to isolate the problem.  If ever the GS108Ev3 switch has been declared faulty, be ready to submit a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the GS108Ev3 for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is valid, an online replacement will follow. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
MacNet26
Aspirant

Amazon kindly sent me a replacement device by now following their warranty policy. Thanks for your advice in trying to fix the switch.

Regards,

Mac

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements