× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gs108T erros

gil_h
Tutor

Gs108T erros

My gs108t managed switch suddenly started to reset it self.
Power led turns from green to orange constantly and the switch resets it self. The switch worked perfectly find previous to that.
I have tried to replace the power supply - did not helped.
Message 1 of 13
plemans
Guru

Re: Gs108T erros

Message 2 of 13
gil_h
Tutor

Same issue if nothing connected.
After a factory reset it hold a little bit longer (an hour or so) and then this error resume.

About the warranty, netgear said to me that they are not going to accept the lifetime warranty on the router because the country I live in... not legal, not very acceptable. They has no problem selling me those switches.
Message 3 of 13
plemans
Guru

what region are you in? 

do you have a case Number? maybe a mod can help with it. 

@DarrenM @olympos1625 

Message 4 of 13
gil_h
Tutor

I'm from Israel.
Have several case numbers, last one from last week is 46558154.
Previous case number, when they told me I can't use the warranty is 4519838.

Thank you for your help. 🙏
Message 5 of 13
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gil_h,

This is to inform you that Case 46558154 is currently escalated to our Customer Care Team (CCT).

Please bear with us as they check on your case.

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 13
plemans
Guru

Thanks @JeraldM !!!

Message 7 of 13
gil_h
Tutor

Thank you 🙂
Appreciate your help.
Message 8 of 13
gil_h
Tutor

No help from that side either.
Customer care still refuses to replace damaged switch under warranty due to geographic location.
Shame on you NetGear!
Message 9 of 13
plemans
Guru

That is a bit bogus if they're selling in that location to not honor the warranty. 

If you charged it to a credit card, many have protections for those types of things. You could try disputing it with them. 

Message 10 of 13
gil_h
Tutor

With this attitude of netgear I rather replace all of my netgear equipment with a company that respects the customers.
I can't rely and hope that no malfunction occur in any of the switches.
Message 11 of 13
plemans
Guru

I'm always a fan of voting with your wallet. 

Message 12 of 13
schumaku
Guru

@plemans wrote:

That is a bit bogus if they're selling in that location to not honor the warranty.  

If Netgear does offer these systems in Israel, being by a direct sales organization,  being by official dealers they will cover warranty claims.

If people buy from markets where devices probably don't match the regulatory requirements of the end user market, probably doing self-importing (what goes along with taking a lot of risks!). the device might not allowed to be used abroad, might come with different regulatory settings, might come with incomplete or wrong regulatory or testing marks, it might be not fit to operate, can't be imported legally, or even taken away and destroyed by customs or national regulatory bodies. None of this is Netgear's mistake or bad will. Similar issues can arise if Netgear would import or bring such devices into circulation. 

Many customers from say A......on, Ebäh, or similar think they order under trust from the big bookshop or the like think they are safe. No, you will take over all the risks involved by self-import of such devices. This does include any warranty claims wihc become worthless.  You can be held responsible alone for the import, for bringing into circulation, or for power-up and use such equipment. This is not because of Netgear is a bad business, This is because many customers often don't understand anything about all this.

This isn't about Netgear's bad will.  

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements