× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS605v5 previously owner didn’t factory reset

Jwalton
Aspirant

Gs605v5 previously registered

My switch was previously registered and returned to Walmart. How do I do a factory reset then?
Message 1 of 4
Jwalton
Aspirant

GS605v5 previously owner didn’t factory reset

My switch was previously registered and returned to Walmart. How do I do a factory reset then?
Message 2 of 4
microchip8
Master

There should be a reset hole somewhere at the back. Push & hold for up to 20 seconds while the switch is powered on.
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

The Model GS605v5 and GS608v4 5-Port and 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch are unmanaged switches, there is absolutely no registration information stored on these products. Similar, there is no factory rest button or the like for the same reason - no configuration and no data at all.

@Jwalton 

The mistake is clearly in the Walmart return processes. If they are re-selling previously used hardware, they need to implement a correct working refurbishing process for such pre-used or returned devices. The minimum they have to do is to notify Netgear to remove the the false registration information from the Netgear systems - either on their own, or in co-operation with Netgear or the Netgear distributor in charge. It's not acceptable users get delivery of devices registered to a previous user, this applies to additionally discounted hardware, properly marked as pre-used or even worse is sold as factory new device at the nominal cost without any refurbishing. I know it's typically about " a few Dollar" devices, it's the customers right to get a "clean" refurbished device, where the serial number can be registered on behalf of the new owner. 

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements