× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gs724tv3 log in page

Killaww
Aspirant

Gs724tv3 log in page

Hello. I am trying to get to the weblog in page to access the gs724Tv3 page to set up the switch. While it is working as a basic switch I am not about to connect to the webpage. I have reset it back to the factory default. I have set my static up to 192.168.0.210 and my DNS to 255.255.255.0. I can ping my router, but not the switch. I also have the smart control center app installed on my windows 10 computer and it's not picking up the switch at all either. I have factory reset the switch a couple times not and when I try to ping or connect to 192.168.0.239 I am not able to connect and ping says it's destination host is unreachable. I have looked a quite a few other posts on here about this and followed them the best I could but I am not about to get very far at all. I would be very thankful for any assistance to get this to connect.
Model: GS724Tv3|24 ports ProSafe Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Gs724tv3 log in page

Please carefully review the GS716T GS724T Installation Guide , especially this part:

"These instructions assume you are using DHCP in your network. If you are using
static IP addressing in your network, configure the switch IP address before
connecting it to your network. In the absence of a DHCP server, the switch will
default to 192.168.0.239 for its IP address."

I admit, this does mix two case ... granted, tech geek documentatoton style from 2010:

Case A:

"These instructions assume you are using DHCP in your network." As you have your switch connected to your network, and we can assume that you have a DHCP server e.g. on the router, most likely the switch has picked-up an IP address matching your network. You just have to discover it:

• either by checking your DHCP server (e.g. on the router) for the "Attached Devices" or "DHCP Table" or the like, by searching for the switch MAC address as visible on the product label - on the bottom, or on the back of your switch, 
  • or by using the NETGEAR Switch Discovery Tool (NSDT) available for Windows and MacOS (I hope this recognizes the oldie), 
  • or (really worst case as hard to deal with (installation, driver required, Windows required...) Smart Control Center Utility

At this point, you know the switch management IP address, and you are able to use a Web browser, in case you have a Windows system use IE11 (for various reasons).

Case B:
"...If you are using
static IP addressing in your network, configure the switch IP address before
connecting it to your network. In the absence of a DHCP server, the switch will
default to 192.168.0.239 for its IP address.  

Let's discuss this later if it should eally required.

Message 2 of 3
Killaww
Aspirant

Re: Gs724tv3 log in page

I have tried these. All I get is the device took to long to respond. On both counts.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements