× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help with Mynetgear account

chad2324
Aspirant

Help with Mynetgear account

I need to reset my password for my "mynetgear" account, but I no longer have access to the email account I used to register.  I can't create a new account because my device is already registered. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Help with Mynetgear account

@chad2324

I just got an update.  Your existing accounts has been merged and the FS728TPv2 switch is now registered to the e-mail address you are using here in the NETGEAR Community.  Kindly check it. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @chad2324,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Have you already tried to click on the "Forgot your password?" when you access the MyNETGEAR page?  If not yet, kindly try it so that you would be able to login to your MyNETGEAR account. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
chad2324
Aspirant

I can't as I mentioned in the post, I don't have access to the email account used when I registered.
Message 3 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@chad2324,

It seems that you will need to retrieve first the e-mail address you have used when you created your MyNETGEAR account.  If ever you have used a Gmail account or Yahoomail account, then there are ways to recover it. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 9
chad2324
Aspirant

It was a previous employer company email address. So, again not possible.
Message 5 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@chad2324

Are you the original owner of the NETGEAR device that is registered under your name?  If yes, kindly send a screenshot of the serial number that is labeled on your NETGEAR device and the Proof of Purchase (or Sales Invoice) of it via private message.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@chad2324

I got your private message.  I already inquired your concern to merge your existing accounts and use your current e-mail address that you have used here in the NETGEAR Community.  I will post here once I got a feedback. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@chad2324

I just got an update.  Your existing accounts has been merged and the FS728TPv2 switch is now registered to the e-mail address you are using here in the NETGEAR Community.  Kindly check it. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 9
chad2324
Aspirant

It works! Thank you so much!
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies