× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to delete LAGG/LACP configuration?

Victor-R
Aspirant

How to delete LAGG/LACP configuration?

We've been using a 6-port 10GbE LACP LAGG between our FreeNAS NAS and the XS728T in our post yltra hi-def production/editing studio. We handle mostly 2K/4K/6K film production

Anyway, most of the time it has worked well. But, there is occasional severe bandwidth variances and dropoffs that aren't acceptable in film production. So, we've decided to go back to a simple setup od 6 invidually configured NIC ports, each with it's own small sub-domain(10.0.1.x, 10.0.2.x, 10.0.3.x, etc). We'll assign a 2-3 of workstations to each port/sub-domain and see if that stabilizes bandwidth.

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to delete the existing LAG,. It's 2AM, so maybe it's just fatigue

Any help greatly appreciated

Model: XS728T|Prosafe 28 ports 10 Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to delete LAGG/LACP configuration?

Hi Victor-R,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I do not have an XS728T switch to test your concern.  However, I think you will just have to uncheck the ports that you have included in the LAG you have created.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Victor-R,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I do not have an XS728T switch to test your concern.  However, I think you will just have to uncheck the ports that you have included in the LAG you have created.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Victor-R
Aspirant

Thank you!
I thought that was how it worked, but was unsure because the User Guide makes no mention of removing LAGGs

My biggest concern was that I woud be unable to reassign those ports for VLAN routing after unchecking 

Model: XS728T|Prosafe 28 ports 10 Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Victor-R,

You're welcome! 🙂  

Feel free to post your future concerns here on the community.

Cheers,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements