× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I have a GS752TS and a GS748TP Switches that I want to create a lag between.

TRysewyk
Aspirant

I have a GS752TS and a GS748TP Switches that I want to create a lag between.

I inherited this network and I want to create a lag between my GS752TS and GS748TP switches. The problem is when I web access to the switches and start to create the lag, I can't add any ports to the lag. It seems this area does not show up. What am I doing wrong! Any information would be very helpful.

Model: GS748TS|ProSafe Gigabit Stackable Smart switch|EOL,GS752TS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 SFP uplinks
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
TRysewyk
Aspirant

Re: I have a GS752TS and a GS748TP Switches that I want to create a lag between.

I added the I.P. to the browser compatability list and now all the menus show up.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

A screenshot would help explaining.

LAG membership.PNG

To get the ports visible in LAG Membership, you have to select the unit by clicking in the marked area.

Message 2 of 6
TRysewyk
Aspirant

The only problem is where your red line to add the ports to the lag is, mine does not show up so I can add the ports. Does the switch need to have the firmware upgrade? Or use a different browser?

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

It should be possible to select the (one and only) unit there where the red circle is, so the line with the ports does show up.

This old UI design should (and does for me) work e.g. in Chrome, IE11. For Firefox or Edge I would have to check again.
Message 4 of 6
TRysewyk
Aspirant

I added the I.P. to the browser compatability list and now all the menus show up.

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@TRysewyk wrote:

Brilliant lack of information - what router are we talking of here? Based on the compatibility mode feature, one might guess this happens on Internet Explorer, so probably IE11.

Aside, the Netgear old UI does show up correct for me on IE11, no compatibility mode set, and regardless if the "use compatibility mode for intranet sites" is ticked or not (ans we're accessing all switches commonly via fully qualified host names).

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements