× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is this VLAN config possible?

jgkurz
Initiate

Is this VLAN config possible?

I am working with a Netgear GS748Tv5 core switch connected to a Netgear GS108E edge switch. 

On the GS108E I need to assign ports 1-4 to vlan 30 so dumb devices on those ports only flow through vlan 30. I cannot tag devices connected to ports 1-4. Here's the hard part. I need ports 5-8 to be be unrestricted and and work on the default vlan.  

Is this achitecure possible with these switches? 

Thank you!

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch, GS748Tv5|ProSafe 48 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Is this VLAN config possible?

Of course this is possible.

For the acess ports (on either side, for the dumb devices on the access switch and the port on the biger switch for the router or whatever is serving the VLAN 30), put these on [U]ntgged for VLAN 30, PIVD 30, and nothing for VLAN 1.

For the VLAN trunk - the connection fo the two switches - you can leave the trunk ports the VLAN 1 [U]ntagged, PVID 1, and the VLAN 30 is [T]agged.

This is is.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

For the acess ports (on either side, for the dumb devices on the access switch and the port on the biger switch for the router or whatever is serving the VLAN 30), put these on [U]ntgged for VLAN 30, PIVD 30, and nothing for VLAN 1.

For the VLAN trunk - the connection fo the two switches - you can leave the trunk ports the VLAN 1 [U]ntagged, PVID 1, and the VLAN 30 is [T]agged.

This is is.

Message 2 of 3
jgkurz
Initiate

@schumaku wrote:

This is is.

Thank you for the response. With your guidance, I was able to get the switch working. Initially I had forgot to tag the trunk port on the edge switch with vlan 30. Now it all works great!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements