× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS516PE & Virgin Media SuperHub 3.0 (VMDG505)

S-Gibbo
Aspirant

JGS516PE & Virgin Media SuperHub 3.0 (VMDG505)

Hello,

New community member but I'm pulling my hair out (what little there is) and hoping you people can help!

I have the JGS516PE ProSafe 16 Port Gigabit switch and for some reason anything that is connected to the switch drops connection after around 30 minutes, as in no internet, unable to ping any devices not connected to the switch itself. I can still ping the switch from a device connected to it, just nothing futher.

After reading some other bits on the old t'interwebs I'm not the only person who has/had this issue when using the Virgin Media SuperHub 3.0 (VMDG505), unfortunatley no resolution was posted so I dont know if they got it fixed, and if they did how they fixed it.

Set up goes SuperHub 3.0 -> JGS516PE -> Device (Windows Server 2012 R2 in this case although any devices is the same (TV's, Xbox ONE, CCTV system etc)

Any device that is connected directly to the SuperHub maintains it's connection so I'm confident that the "internet" itself is ok and not dropping. (ie phones and tablets). Even had the above mentioned server plugged directly into the SuperHub and no connection issues there to rule out that.

I have had the switch replaced by Netgear to rule out a faulty switch, have tried 'plug & play', disabling DHCP as this is done via the SuperHub, restoring to factory settings and upgrading firmware repeatedly, removing all devices except the server and just left ping running with no other traffic. Nada!

The only thing the resolve the lost connection is rebooting the switch, which is a bit of a pain every 30 minutes.

Either I am missing something (and by extension so is support) or there is something between these two device that doesn't want to work.

Any help is greatly appriciated before one of them goes out of the window.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
S-Gibbo
Aspirant

Re: JGS516PE & Virgin Media SuperHub 3.0 (VMDG505)

Ok so the only solution I have found to this is to place the SH3 into modem mode and use a 3rd party router instead.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
S-Gibbo
Aspirant

Re: JGS516PE & Virgin Media SuperHub 3.0 (VMDG505)

Ok so the only solution I have found to this is to place the SH3 into modem mode and use a 3rd party router instead.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements