× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS524Ev2 web GUI not reachable after firmware update

MartinBanas
Follower

JGS524Ev2 web GUI not reachable after firmware update

Hi.

I updated firmware on my JGS524Ev2 from version 2.0.1.26 into version 2.6.0.48 via ProSAFE Utility plus (v2.7.8). Before update I was able to reach administration site via Web Browser. After firmware update (switch is still operational and it works) I can't reach switch administration via Web browser (Picture 1 in attachment). In ProSAFE Utility plus I still see device (Picture 2 in attachment) and I could click on "IP Setting" and I got popup dialog (Picture 3 in attachment). When I click on "Apply" ProSAFE ask me for password, when I enter password what I have previously or I try default password "password" I'm still not able to login and I got error popup (Picture 4 in attachment).

So I'm not able to login via ProSAFE and I'm also not able to login via web browser. Ping of switch IP address works without problem.

I would like to avoid reset switch (I have backup from previous state created on May 2015) but I don't believe, that I could apply this old backup (v2.0.1.26) on new firmware(v2.6.0.48).

Could anybody help me what else I could do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: JGS524Ev2 web GUI not reachable after firmware update

Hi MartinBanas,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It would be best if you will reset it to factory default after the firmware upgrade as the previous firmware came from a different family version(v2.0.x.x to v2.6.x.x). Please let us know if it still does not work after reset.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Matt01
Aspirant

I have the same experience.  Currently my switch is working in the factory default config (not how I need it) but I cannot access any management interface.

The switch (JGS524Ev2) was upgraded to version 2.6.0.48.  I was hoping to solve an issue where it would forget some of it's VLAN configuration after loosing power, by upgrading the firmware.  It has been doing that since I bought it.

Prior to the firmware upgrade, I could manage the switch via both the browser and the Prosafe Utility (version 2.7.2).  After the upgrade, the Prosafe Utility couldn't find the switch even when directly attached to it (and it replies to pings).  It also refuses web connections just like in the above post.  I'm using Chrome and tried Incogonito mode and Edge too.

I scanned the switch management IP with NMAP and saw that the following ports were open, so I tried to connect with them all:  53, 80, 139, 443, 445, 9999, 10000, 49152.  None connected.

Then I did several factory resets and power cycles.  That (erased my configurations) and got me to the point where Prosafe could see the switch on its default IP (192.168.0.239 - see attached pic), but, just like in the parent post, when I tried to change it's IP it replies with "Command is not supported by agent!"  Browser connections were still refused.

Prosafe does now show the version as 2.6.0.48.

I tried the following without success:

- Upgrading to Prosafe 2.7.8

- connecting with ssh

- connecting with telnet

- Managing with "Netgear Switch Discover Tool" (it doesn't see it)

I read similar posts where it was explained that the switch now defaults to management only via its web interface, and that I must first browse to it, change the password, then enable the Prosafe management access.  But since it refuses web connections, I'm locked out of doing that.

Please help.  Since the firmware upgrade, I can only use the device as an un-managed switch on 1 VLAN.  I've had to deploy additional switches to recreate my environment.

Best Regards,

Matt P.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Matt01 is this switch the only device connected to the network adapter, no other links up on the switch?

Message 4 of 5
Matt01
Aspirant

During all this, I removed any switchport  connections that would cause an issue by them all being defaulted to VLAN 1 (e.g. those configured to other VLANs), and access to the Internet (the router), but there were still connections to PCs and printers.

Matt

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements