× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS524PE switch loses VLAN config on reboot

bubbagump210
Aspirant

JGS524PE switch loses VLAN config on reboot

As the title says, I have a JGS524PE that loses it's VLAN configuration for a specific VLAN on a specific port on a reboot. I am running firmware 2.6.0.48. All other VLAN configs work perfectly fine. I saw in another post that port mirroring might cause this issue, but I have port mirroring disabled.  Port based basic and advanced are both disabled. 802.1Q basic is also disabled.

Here is a screen shot of my VLANs and the circled port is the one that simply won't stay.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 7.28.42 AM.png

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: JGS524PE switch loses VLAN config on reboot

Just curious: In 802.1q, VLAN Membership, Advanced - if adding yet another random VLAN with some ports marked as Tagged, does the issue remain on the previous config?

Message 2 of 6
bubbagump210
Aspirant

I just added VLAN 123 with various ports added as tagged ports. I rebooted and all settings remained EXCEPT for VLAN 50 on port 6.

Before reboot:

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 1.15.48 PM.png

After reboot:

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 1.16.30 PM.png

Message 3 of 6
bubbagump210
Aspirant

As a next step, I deleted VLAN 50 and recreated it as before. The same behavior returned on port 6.
Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Have no such device for a check, but suspect a bug in the firmware because I'm reading about such issues for the n-th time. @DaneA please.

Message 5 of 6
bubbagump210
Aspirant

Perhaps not coincidentally, when I went to delete VLAN 50, it complained about port 7 having the wrong PVID. Port 6 is what had the PVID not set to VLAN1 in reality. Perhaps a GUI issue, but I suspect a deeper issue where there is an off by one issue causing the config to clobber the wrong port.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements