× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LACP link traffic levels on GS110EMX

cwoodfield
Aspirant

LACP link traffic levels on GS110EMX

I've got two ports on a 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Plus (GS110EMX) configured as a LACP LAG between the switch and my home broadband router, and I'm noticing that there's a huge difference in the transmit traffic levels on the two ports (over 2x total bytes transmitted on one port over the other). I'm suspecting that the flow hashing algorithm on the LAG is only using the source/dest MAC addresses as opposed to IP information, as most of my daytime use is from a single laptop. I can't find any settings in the management UI for this; does anyone know what the chipset is doing here?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: LACP link traffic levels on GS110EMX

The GS110EMX is built on a non-managed core with some basic configuration controls, similar to the unmanaged GS110EM. The design is pure L2, so MAC based LAG only as you already noted. This design is not intended to provide to provide byte-exact load balancing at all. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: LACP link traffic levels on GS110EMX

The GS110EMX is built on a non-managed core with some basic configuration controls, similar to the unmanaged GS110EM. The design is pure L2, so MAC based LAG only as you already noted. This design is not intended to provide to provide byte-exact load balancing at all. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements