× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LAG between Unifi Aggregation switch and Netgear switch keeps failing

hummous
Aspirant

LAG between Unifi Aggregation switch and Netgear switch keeps failing

I set up a LAG on ports 1 and 2 on Unifi Aggregation switch. Ports 1 and 2 are connected to the 2 SFP+ ports on the Netgear switch with 2 DAC cables. Options on the Netgear are set to LACP, Link Trap off, STP on. When I first plug in the cables, the lights flash and it looks like it’s working fine. A few minutes later it disconnects. The lights stop flashing and the switch is unreachable. If I just plug in the Netgear into the Unifi with 1 cable and no LAG, it works fine.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
hummous
Aspirant

Re: LAG between Unifi Aggregation switch and Netgear switch keeps failing

Nevermind I solved it myself. Enabling Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) on the switch and the LAG group fixed it. The Netgear switch is now connected to my Unifi switch at 20Gbps.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@hummous,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

What is the model of the SFP+ module that you are using between the MS510TXUP and the Unifi Aggregation switch?

What is the current firmware version of the MS510TXUP?

Does the Unifi Aggregation switch supports LACP?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 5
hummous
Aspirant

The cable I'm using is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BF98L77?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

MS510TXUP Boot version 1.0.0.7

MS510TXUP Software version 1.0.4.6

The Unifi switch supports LACP.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Start with a current or at lest recent firmware.

Provide the best information of the switch and LAG config on both switches on that LAG.

Configure and enable memory logs, FASH Log, Server Log (assuming there is a syslog server).

Enable trap log on the links/LAG.

Similar on the other brand switch config environment.

Ensure the current firmware is active, and reboot the switch.

Consult the logs, and grab what happens around the moment when the "LED stop flashing" use an out-of-band connection for the switch access if required. 

Post this information here on the community.

Various LAG run rock solid for daily operations of several MS510 TXUP. However, I admit we don't run LAG over SFP+ and DAC connections.

Crystal ball is out of service.

Message 4 of 5
hummous
Aspirant

Nevermind I solved it myself. Enabling Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) on the switch and the LAG group fixed it. The Netgear switch is now connected to my Unifi switch at 20Gbps.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements