× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Link trap GS728TP

Arnaud_D
Aspirant

Link trap GS728TP

Hi,

I have a GS728TP and I wanted to know if there is any way to specify the Link Trap Settings on each port (Enable/Disable), as I can do on ALL my other switches, even GS108Tv2. 'Cause I don't want to get a trap/alert each time someone turn on/off his computer.

Thanks for ur answer

Model: GS728TP|ProSafe 24 ports PoE Smart switch with 8 PoE+ ports
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Link trap GS728TP

Hi @Arnaud_D,

I apologize for the inconvenience for the late follow-up on this thread 😞 

As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, there is really no option to enable/disable Link Trap on the GS728TP switch.  

You may want to post this as feature request in the Idea exchange for Business board here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Model: GS728TP|ProSAFE 24-port PoE Smart Switch with 8 PoE+-port
Message 6 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Arnaud_D,

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. On the web-GUI of the GS728TP switch, go to Switching > Ports > Port Configuration, is there an option for Link Trap just like in the GS108Tv2 switch?  Kindly post a screenshot of it. 

b. What is the current firmware version of the GS728TP switch?  If ever its not the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade the firmware to the latest version which is v6.0.1.24.  You can download it here.  Be sure to perform a factory reset on the GS728TP switch right after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the setting from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then, check if still the same problem.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Arnaud_D
Aspirant

Hi @DaneA,

Here is the screenshot : No option for link trap, but I can see the alert in the logCapture.PNG

- The switch has the last fw, it's the first thing I did.

Best regards,

Message 3 of 6
Arnaud_D
Aspirant

Hello,

Any news ?

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Arnaud_D,

I already inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and still waiting for feedback.  I will post here once I got a response.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Arnaud_D,

I apologize for the inconvenience for the late follow-up on this thread 😞 

As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, there is really no option to enable/disable Link Trap on the GS728TP switch.  

You may want to post this as feature request in the Idea exchange for Business board here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Model: GS728TP|ProSAFE 24-port PoE Smart Switch with 8 PoE+-port
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements