× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

M4300-52G-PoE+ - Moving management interface

will1984
Follower

M4300-52G-PoE+ - Moving management interface

Hello,

we currently have the OOB port (I believe it's labeled as the Server port in the webui)  configured with the management IP and we would like to move this to a vlan instead.  We're also moving the management to a new IP.

Is this the right process?

1) create new mgmt vlan on switch, for example 667.

2) Add the vlan to all ports through the PVID Configuration.

3) System>Management>IPv4 management VLAN configuration. Set ip address here for the new management ip in vlan 667.  Check I can ping the new ip.

this is where Im a bit unsure. How do I set the management interface? is it this option...  SYSTEM>management>System information> change 'Management Source interface' to new vlan, away from 'service port'?  There isnt an option for it right now but I guess it will appear once configured?

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4300-52G-PoE+ - Moving management interface

@will1984,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Let say VLAN 667 is already created and all ports are still members of VLAN 1, you need at least one port to be a member of VLAN 667  (for example: port 9).  Then, go to System > Management > Management Interfaces > IPv4 Management VLAN Configuration and change the Management VLAN from VLAN 1 to VLAN 667 via the web-GUI.  Afterwards, in order to manage the switch, you need to connect a PC/laptop directly to port 9 to be able to manage the switch.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements