× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS510TXM, fan status, operating temperature!

tigo13
Guide

MS510TXM, fan status, operating temperature!

I'm a bit confused on whether I should do something regarding the ventilation around the switch or to replace the fans inside the switch, or to do nothing at all.

The temperature readings for the System & MAC sensors are above 50'C, and hovering above 60'C as well, that has me a bit worried, as the manual states that the switch's operating temperature is 0-50'C. See attached screenshot!

Temperature Sensors

SensorDescriptionTemp(C)StateMax Temp (C)
1System56Normal57
2MAC59Normal61
3MAC64Normal64

Fans
FANDescriptionTypeSpeedDuty Level (%)State
1Fan-1Fixed250025Operational
2Fan-2Fixed250025Operational

Versions

Model NameBoot VersionSoftware Version
MS510TXM1.0.0.71.0.5.10

Not sure whether the duty level of the fans at 25% indicate that they're spinning at 25% of capability? Or what? They seem to be always running at 25%. Is there anything that I can do to increase that? If so, then how? Or, something about the fans? Replacing them would void the warranty if I'm not mistaken, so, prefer not too.

Ventilation around the switch! Well, does anyone know in which direction is the airflow of the fans? Are they blowing air inside the switch or pulling air out? I know the fans are on the left-side of the switch.

The switch is running the latest firmware.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: MS510TXM, fan status, operating temperature!

@tigo13 wrote:

..., as the manual states that the switch's operating temperature is 0-50'C. ..

The specs indicate the supported environment temperature, the room where the device is operated. 10 Gb switches are hot while operations.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@tigo13 wrote:

..., as the manual states that the switch's operating temperature is 0-50'C. ..

The specs indicate the supported environment temperature, the room where the device is operated. 10 Gb switches are hot while operations.

Message 2 of 3
tigo13
Guide

Glad to hear. Can now forget about it, and not be concerned. The environment is general room temperature.

cheers for the reply.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements