× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MS510TXPP End of life?

Gazzaspinss
Follower

MS510TXPP End of life?

Howdy!
I can't seem to find this model in stock in NZ, I contacted a supplier (pbtech) and asked if they could order it in and was told its end of life and they offered something without 10/5/2.5g as an alternative.

if this product is end of life, what is its replacement?

we are moving to 2000/2000 internet (mostly for the upload) and this looked like a perfect solution for my 10g server and 3 x 2.5g desktops, poe wifi, cameras and poe switches.

Model: MS510TXPP|8-port PoE+ Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper / 10G SFP+ Fiber Uplinks
Message 1 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Gazzaspinss,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The MS510TXPP is not yet EoL (End of Life).  Kindly inquire to other NETGEAR Authorized Resellers listed here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@DaneA we can't get any availability information for the current MS510TX/TXPP here from our distributors and etailers in Switzerland, too. Please investigate. Have challenged the DACH-NTGR sales rep by e-mail, but no answer yet.

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Appears there is some backlog in the manufacturing chain, appears some core parts without second source are heavily delayed.

Got this availability dates for the Central Europe market SKUs:

MS510TX-100EUS 03-MAY-2021

MS510TXPP-100EUS 19-APR-2021

If and how this does apply to other markets - no idea. However, it should be similar.

Two new interesting members of the MS510 family are due to be announced soon - availability should start very early Q1/2021 - more flexible, more power, so estimating a slightly higher price tag.

Message 4 of 8
schumaku
Guru

As Netgear's resellers are leaking the information already, there is no more reason to hold this back:

MS510TXUP 8-Port Multi-Gigabit/10G Ethernet Ultra60 PoE++ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP+ Ports

Availability Central Europe: MS510TXUP-100EUS 08-JAN-2021

MS510TXM 8-Port Multi-Gigabit/10G Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP+ Ports

Availability Central Europe: MS510TXM-100EUS 15-JAN-2021

Both models can be locally Web managed, different from the earlier family member Netgear Insight management is possible, too.

Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Well informed resource @Iphie_C informed me these minutes that these models won't be announced and probably not becoming available as per the information sent out to the distribution channel. Pity.

Message 6 of 8
Iphie_C
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Gazzaspinss 

Thanks for your inquiry. MS510TX and MS510TXPP are not end-of-life. 

Meanwhile, there will be two new Smart Managed Pro Multigig/10G switch models with the all-port multigig, non-PoE and PoE, come to the market by early January 2021. They will be good options for the latest NETGEAR WiFi 6 Access Points WAX610/WAX610Y. Please stay tunned for the new switches.

After the launch of the new products that I mentioned above, the current MS510TX and MS510TXPP will still be available to the market.

Iphie

Message 7 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Thank you @Iphie_C - so early January is back. Cool!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements