× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS510TXPP Port No.3 data LED flashes when switch is started

lvchen860217
Guide

MS510TXPP Port No.3 data LED flashes when switch is started

It's a strange problem. After the ms510txpp is powered on and the fan runs at high speed for 1~2 seconds, it is found that the data light of No.3 network port lights up and goes out automatically after 1~2 seconds. No matter whether the network port is connected to the network cable or not. Does your switch have this phenomenon?

Firmware version: 6.7.0.51

Model: MS510TXPP|8-port PoE+ Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper / 10G SFP+ Fiber Uplinks
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: MS510TXPP Port No.3 data LED flashes when switch is started

If you don't have other issues with the switch and this specific port, I would not care about.

Nowadays, all these flashy LEDs are software and I/O port, including for link speed and activity indication, times are long gone when this was direct hardware controlled.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: MS510TXPP Port No.3 data LED flashes when switch is started

If you don't have other issues with the switch and this specific port, I would not care about.

Nowadays, all these flashy LEDs are software and I/O port, including for link speed and activity indication, times are long gone when this was direct hardware controlled.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements