× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Missing GPL Source for S350 Series GS308T and GS110TP Switches

rknight
Aspirant

Missing GPL Source for S350 Series GS308T and GS110TP Switches

I have searched the NETGEAR-Open-Source-Code-for-Programmers-GPL page and I was unable to locate the GPL source for either the GS308T or the GS110TP S350 Series Switchs.  Both of these devices use U-Boot and Linux which are GPL licensed.  Can you please provide the appropriate firmware source code?

Thank you

Model: GS310TP|NETGEAR® S350 Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StewartLiu
Tutor

Re: Missing GPL Source for S350 Series GS308T and GS110TP Switches

@rknight 

GS308T GPL source is available now on NETGEAR-Open-Source-Code-for-Programmers-GPL page.

Thank you.

Stewart

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rknight,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GPL Source Code for the GS110TP Smart Switch is available here.  On your keyboard, press Ctrl+F then type GS110TP on the Search box and press Enter.

The GPL Source Code for the GS308T Smart Switch is not yet available at the moment.  Will post here if there will be an update about this.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@rknight wrote:

...GPL source for either the GS308T or the GS110TP S350 Series Switchs. ...

GS308T and GS310TP is asked here most likely @DaneA 

Message 3 of 6
StewartLiu
Tutor

@rknight 

GS308T GPL source is available now on NETGEAR-Open-Source-Code-for-Programmers-GPL page.

Thank you.

Stewart

Message 4 of 6
rknight
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response.  I really appreciate that Netgear unlike some of their competitors does a good job of fulfilling their obligations in regard to Open Source software used in their devices.

Ray

Model: GS308T|NETGEAR® S350 Series 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch
Message 5 of 6
rknight
Aspirant

Yes.  A typo in my request.  I meant the GS308T and GS310TP switches!  They both appear to use the same firmware.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements