× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Missing info on GS110TP

vulogiccl1
Aspirant

Missing info on GS110TP

Hi

I have a GS110TP running  firmware  5.4.2.36 on a LAN  with several other switches, including two other, different Netgear switches.

Any network scanning or monitoring tools I may use on this LAN do not retrieve full information from the  GS110TP. Specifically, whenever a network tester identifies this switch, it will not display the switch's programmed  System Name and will display the switch model as "None", "No model" or "NA".

Here's an example of  a tester encountering the GS110TP:
(The System Name programmed into the switch is sw3, which is not being displayed below.)

Switch

Model
no model
IP/MAC
Port
g7
Type
LLDP

And here are examples of it encountering the other two Netgear switches:

Switch

sw2
Model
FSM726V3 - ProSafe 24 FE, 2 GE
IP/MAC
Port
1/0/11
Type
LLDP

Switch
sw1
Model
GS724Tv4 ProSafe 24-port Gigabi
IP/MAC
Port
g22,g22
Type
LLDP

I've reviewed the three switches and can't find anything noticeably different  in what I entered in their System Information pages, or in their SNMP settings.

How do I get the   GS110TP to divulge its "secret" information?

Thanks

CL

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Reads to me as the tools you are trying do some basic things some IP stacks might discover, or use LLDP which is (as the name says) link layer discovery protocol which is never visible beyond the direct physical link.

Configure SNMP on your devices, and use an SNMP capable tool.

Message 2 of 3
vulogiccl1
Aspirant

The examples above are of the tester  reporting  its findings when connected directly to   port 7 on the GS110TP (sw3), port 11 on the FSM726 (sw2), and port 22 on the GS724T (sw1) -- three different tests, with  the tester physically connected to each device.

SNMP is configured on all devices.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements