× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

More DHCP Woes on VLANs

ARNETEX
Follower

More DHCP Woes on VLANs

I'm stumped, I just took over an environment that has GS752TP Switches deployed.  One in the main building where server room is and then 3 more in fiber connected buildings across the campus.  It was deployed with the default VLAN1 and no voice setup so everything was on VLAN1.  I have created a voice vlan 240 and a data vlan200 as we are trying to split the environment.  I have a DHCP 2nd port on my firewall plugged into the main building switch with VLAN240 as untagged PVID and it's handing out to the main building just fine on both vlans.  However the phones in the other buildings are only getting DHCP on VLAN 240 on when the PVID is VLAN1 (Default)  anything on VLAN200 is not getting DHCP.  I've scoured the forums and documentation and not seeing what I'm doing wrong here.  The phones are getting on VLAN240 they just don't talk to the DHCP Server.  What am I missing?

Message 1 of 2
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: More DHCP Woes on VLANs

Hi ARNETEX,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues with the setup of your network. You should assign the uplink port as Tagged so that the DHCP from the data and voice VLAN will pass through. You should assign the phones also as Tagged and assign the PVID of those ports to the data VLAN. 

e.g.

VLAN 240

Phone 1 - Port 5 - T

PVID 200

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos