× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Multiport LAG Across Two GS108T Switches

stevefxp
Apprentice

Multiport LAG Across Two GS108T Switches

I have a 4 port LAG coming from my firewall, down to two GS108T switches. Each switch is connected to the LAG on ports 1 and 2. Port 8 connects each switch to the other. Is this a supported distributed LAG configuration for the GS108T?

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit smart switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

No - because of the two GS108T are not stackable devices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

No - because of the two GS108T are not stackable devices.

Message 2 of 4
stevefxp
Apprentice

Thanks for that info...can the GSM7228PS be stacked using the front gig ports or can I only do this using the stacking modules that go on the back?

Message 3 of 4
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Sure, you can use the front 10G ports. Just need to enable stacking mode on these ports (configured mode). Then a reboot of each switch will be needed to have it as running mode. When the first switch is half way booting, connect the cables in between and you can boot the second switch. After both will have booted and discovered each other, your new stack will be formed and ready for distributed link agreegation between the two. You will create your 4-port LAG across both switches, and connect your firewall there.

Hope this helps,
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements