× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear GS105Ev2 - Do not web Log in

endrew_665
Tutor

Netgear GS105Ev2 - Do not web Log in

I tried to log in to the web to change the settings of the GS105Ev2, but it asks me to enter an ID and password. Originally, only the password was supposed to be entered, but the user was asked to enter an ID, so he could not access the web. Anyone who knows how to connect should help.

Current Status
Product: GS105Ev2
Product Version: V1.2.0.5

1. I saw the community and they told me to upgrade the switch firmware to V1.3.0, but I can change the IP in ProSAFE Plus, but I can't access the system.
2. I can't log in for updates through the web either.

Anyone know how?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear GS105Ev2 - Do not web Log in

Leaving alone there are OEM versions of this GS105Ev2 in the market, which won't operate on mainstream Netgear firmware https://community.netgear.com/t5/Plus-and-Smart-Switches-Forum/GS105e-V2-Firmware/td-p/2036670 - be aware the initial v1.2.0.5 firmware never had a Web UI. This was added starting from the v1.3.0.1 FYI.

With the ProSafe Plus utility in place and working access (this can be tricky on newer OS), you need to upload the newer firmware image using the ProSafe Plus utility, too - starting from the Switch Satus page on the utility continue like this. Domn't forget to unzip the firmware archive - uploaded must be the GS105Ev2_Vx.x.x.x-bin file.

8. Select System > Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade.
The Firmware Upgrade page displays.
9. Click the BROWSE button and locate and select the firmware file.
10. Click the APPLY button.
WARNING:
To avoid the risk of corrupting the firmware, do not interrupt the
upgrade. For example, do not turn off the switch or disconnect it.

When the upgrade is complete, your switch restarts. The upgrade process typically takes
about three minutes.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Leaving alone there are OEM versions of this GS105Ev2 in the market, which won't operate on mainstream Netgear firmware https://community.netgear.com/t5/Plus-and-Smart-Switches-Forum/GS105e-V2-Firmware/td-p/2036670 - be aware the initial v1.2.0.5 firmware never had a Web UI. This was added starting from the v1.3.0.1 FYI.

With the ProSafe Plus utility in place and working access (this can be tricky on newer OS), you need to upload the newer firmware image using the ProSafe Plus utility, too - starting from the Switch Satus page on the utility continue like this. Domn't forget to unzip the firmware archive - uploaded must be the GS105Ev2_Vx.x.x.x-bin file.

8. Select System > Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade.
The Firmware Upgrade page displays.
9. Click the BROWSE button and locate and select the firmware file.
10. Click the APPLY button.
WARNING:
To avoid the risk of corrupting the firmware, do not interrupt the
upgrade. For example, do not turn off the switch or disconnect it.

When the upgrade is complete, your switch restarts. The upgrade process typically takes
about three minutes.

Message 2 of 4
endrew_665
Tutor

I solved the problem by doing what you said

Many Thanks

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Great, thank you for the feedback @endrew_665 .

Just in case - ensure to run the current firmware from the - I missed to mention this in the previous response. Current firmware for the GS105Ev2 is v1.6.0.11 according to  https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GS105Ev2.aspx#download

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements