× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear GS324TP switch has connection issues while Netgear GS716Tv2 has not with same devices

PFelen
Aspirant

Netgear GS324TP switch has connection issues while Netgear GS716Tv2 has not with same devices

Hi Netgear Community,

Last year I bought a Netgear GS324TP switch (serial number: 5LFxxxxxxxxx, firmware version: GS324Tx-v1.0.0.38) to replace my Netgear GS716Tv2 switch (serial number: 23Yxxxxxxxxx, firmware version: 5.4.2.30) because of 2 reasons. I needed additional ports and a few POE ports.

What I do notice is that with the Netgear GS716Tv2 all connections work perfectly, cable test is all OK. If I connect the same devices with the Netgear GS324TP, some devices do no work at all and 50% of the devices show cable test issues. All network cables are recent CAT6 cables.

I can't explain this connection issues other than there is something wrong with the Netgear GS324TP. Is there any test I can perform to confirm this malfunction?

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Pepijn Felen

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear GS324TP switch has connection issues while Netgear GS716Tv2 has not with same devices

@PFelen,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Are there VLANs configured on the GS324TP or are you just using it like an unmanaged switch?  If your are just using it like an unmanaged switch, I suggest you to perform a factory reset on it then observe if the same problem will occur.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
PFelen
Aspirant

Re: Netgear GS324TP switch has connection issues while Netgear GS716Tv2 has not with same devices

At this moment it is configured as an unmanaged switch. Intention is to start using more functions, but then the basics need to work flawlessly without issues first.

I tested the factory reset sugestion, but that makes no difference. Same issues as before.

GS324TP S350 reports cable issues and to some devices I can't connect, while the good old GS716Tv2 has no problem of any kind with the same cables and devices.

Any clues, or should I exchange my device for a new one?

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@PFelen,

Thank you for your response. 🙂  Since its the same problem even after doing a factory reset, I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here.   Kindly state the status of your GS324TP and a hardware check will be conducted.  Be sure to upload the Proof of Purchase of the GS324TP for warranty verification.  If ever the switch is declared faulty, an online replacement will be processed for as long as the hardware warranty its still valid.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements