× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear JGS516PE updating firmware

S_Cook_1
Follower

Netgear JGS516PE updating firmware

I'm connecting to a remote Netgear JGS516PE switch and have attempted to update its firmware to 2.6.0.48

I navigated to Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade and uploaded the firmware.

The file uploaded and the switch rebooted as expected.

I can no longer reach the switch web GUI following this update. The switch is still online but I cannot access the GUI to see if the firmware has actually updated.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and know a way around it? I can't think of where to go other than physically reloaded or factory resetting the device.

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear JGS516PE updating firmware

@S_Cook_1,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly try to use Incognito mode in Chrome or try using other browsers like Firefox and check if you will be able to access the web-GUI.

Try to reboot the JGS516PE as well then check again if you will be able to access the web-GUI.

If my suggestions above did not work, I advise you to perform a factory reset on the  JGS516PE then check again if you will be able to access the web-GUI.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
BDGlancy
Aspirant

I too am having issues with the JGS516PE. 

Not one, but two of them.

I cannot log into the web interface, even after a 10 second depressing of the "Factory Reset" button.

The switch does show up with the default 192.168.0.239 IP, according to the ProSafe Plus Configuration Utility, but the login webpage will not accept any of the typical passwords that Netgear typically uses for this switch.

Using the Utility, when entering a password, "IP SETTING - Command is not supported by agent!" message pop-up's up.

1. Can this be Factory Reset to fix this issue, and just what is that procedure ?

2. Can the firmware be TFTP'd to resolve this issue ?

Regards,

Brian

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@BDGlancy wrote:

Not one, but two of them.

Only one must be connected at the same time, especially if the devices are in the default status and there is no DHCP supplying individual device IP config. More than one device on the same ip and network will lead to issues.

The protocol used by the configuration utility was disabled on all switches (new factory default since the recent firmware updates) , limiting the usage to discovery only.

The devices need a valid IP, either just the default on an isolated network (the .239, and as stated only one at the time), or DHCP to start with the switch config from the default using a Web browser to the switch IP.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements