× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear XS716E 16 port – ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed (Plus) Switch GT/s speed

saqib
Aspirant

Netgear XS716E 16 port – ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed (Plus) Switch GT/s speed

Netgear XS716E 16 port – ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed (Plus) Switch GT/s speed is 5GT/s or 8GT/s

I am wondering, do i order intel X540-T2 Network card that has 5GT/s speed and Intel X550-T2 that has 8GT/s speed. 

If switch running on 5GT/s than i dont think wasting money on X550-T2 worth......

Thanks in advance.

Saqib

Model: XS716E|ProSAFE 16-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
saqib
Aspirant

Re: Netgear XS716E 16 port – ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed (Plus) Switch GT/s speed

I am answering my own question so probably help someone curious to know...

This switch bus speed is 5GT/s

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear XS716E 16 port – ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed (Plus) Switch GT/s speed

Hi saqib,

Welcome to our community!

It depends on you if you really wanted your computer to be running on 10Gb speed then you may need a 10Gb module.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
saqib
Aspirant

I am answering my own question so probably help someone curious to know...

This switch bus speed is 5GT/s

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@saqib,

Well, Thank you for sharing that in the community! The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements