× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear purchase recommendation for Intervlan configuration

hamhock
Aspirant

Netgear purchase recommendation for Intervlan configuration

I currently have one switch - GS108Tv2 and it has one VLAN enabled (20-guest).  It is located in basement next to a pfsense router.  I would like to add 4-5 more VLAN's( (IoT, printers, 2-4 wifi SSIDs via Ubiquity vlan aware AP)).  Given some structural constraints - line drops are near impossible - I'm considering 3 more smart switches.  I don't have to use the GS108Tv2 to shoehorn a solution.  What would make the most sense?  TIA.

modem
     |
   router
     |
netgear_GS108T
  |   |    |
sw2  sw3  sw4
 ||   ||   ||

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@hamhock,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You might want to consider the GC510PP Smart Switch for your SW2, SW3 and SW4.  The GC510PP has 8 100M/1G Copper (RJ-45) Ports.  It supports VLAN and all of its ports are capable of PoE+ for your Access Points (provided that the your APs supports Active PoE). To know more about the specifications of the GC510PP, kindly check its data sheet here.  

You may want to further check the vast variety of NETGEAR Business Switch Models here

For further reading, let me share the article below:

Active or Passive PoE, That is the Question

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@hamhock,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You might want to consider the GC510PP Smart Switch for your SW2, SW3 and SW4.  The GC510PP has 8 100M/1G Copper (RJ-45) Ports.  It supports VLAN and all of its ports are capable of PoE+ for your Access Points (provided that the your APs supports Active PoE). To know more about the specifications of the GC510PP, kindly check its data sheet here.  

You may want to further check the vast variety of NETGEAR Business Switch Models here

For further reading, let me share the article below:

Active or Passive PoE, That is the Question

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
hamhock
Aspirant

Thank you.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors