× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Router connected to 24 port Gigabit Ethernet PoE + Smart Managed Pro switch with 2SFP Ports

Gareth53
Aspirant

New Router connected to 24 port Gigabit Ethernet PoE + Smart Managed Pro switch with 2SFP Ports

Hi,

We live in the country and have to rely on mobile broadband. I have just been forced to change router by my mobile braodband supplier. The old router (HH70VB) had no trouble in connecting through the Ethernet pro-switch to three computers in my office. The new one however (B625-261) keeps recycling the pro-switch - it connects briefly and then all the port connections (yellow and green) light up and it loses the connection - this happens every few seconds. Without the pro-switch, i can plug in to the individual connections and all computers work fine.

Any help appreciated.

Gareth

Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: New Router connected to 24 port Gigabit Ethernet PoE + Smart Managed Pro switch with 2SFP Ports

@Gareth53,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

There could be a loop in your network that is causing your switch to crash. May I know the model number of your switch? You may also try enabling the STP of your switch in order for us to determine if there is a loop on your network. Please make sure that the switch is connected directly to the router.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Gareth53
Aspirant

Re: New Router connected to 24 port Gigabit Ethernet PoE + Smart Managed Pro switch with 2SFP Ports

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The model number for the switch is GS724T and yes the switch is connected directly to the router.

If I link the router directly to the computers, they work fine too. It is annoying as the old router worked fine through the switch although it had difficulty picking up the mobile signal. The new one gets a great signal but just will not work with the switch.

Cheers Gareth

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Gareth53,

I see. Have you tried resetting the switch to factory default? Do you have any VLANs on your network? What is the status of the LEDs when you add this to the network?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements