× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLEASE HELP - Can't figure out LAG's setup to 2 other GS724Tv4's in same network....

drynic21
Follower

PLEASE HELP - Can't figure out LAG's setup to 2 other GS724Tv4's in same network....

Greetings all, I am new to setting up and connecting LAG's.

I just installed a new GS748Tv5 in the main server rack in a customer's main warehouse.  I am trying to connect a GS724Tv4 switch to it in part of the warehouse that is ~250ft away from the main server rack and setup a LAG via 2 x CAT6 cables  ran to it.

I also want to do the same to another GS724Tv4 switch in another part of the warehouse that is ~400ft away from the main server rack and also has 2 x CAT6 cables ran to it.

I tried creating so static LAG's (lag1 and lag2), each with their own lag id and assigned 2 ports on the 48-switch for each lag.  I then logged into each 24-switch and created a lag matching the id's I wanted from the 48-switch and ports 23 & 24.

But when I connect the cables, their is no connectivity and the links show that they are DOWN.

Continuity tests on the runs are fine.  I dont know what to do 😞

I need to make sure that these 2 x 24-switches have a stable connection to the main 48-switch...

Thanks in advance for any / all help 🙂

Model: GS748Tv5|ProSafe 48 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: PLEASE HELP - Can't figure out LAG's setup to 2 other GS724Tv4's in same network....

Maximum supported cable length is 100 meters or 295 ft. ~250 ft can be easily more on the effective installation, including patch cables et all, ~400ft definitively stinks.

Run fiber on such distances!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements