× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port g19 is a static member and cannot be a candidate in a Voice VLAN 2

marshman
Tutor

Port g19 is a static member and cannot be a candidate in a Voice VLAN 2

Hi. We just picked up a couple of GS752TP 48 port switches we're trying to get setup for both voice and data. When I go into the menus to setup Voice VLAN I get an error message: Port g19 is a static member and cannot be a candidate in a Voice VLAN 2, once I click "Apply" to enable ports for Voice VLAN. My first thought was how can I have both voice and data on ports other than default VLANS if I can't assign a static port for Voice VLAN Mode? So I removed all static VLAN memberships from port g19, set the default voice VLAN 2 as the Voice VLAN ID to enable, ensured that only VLAN 2 had membership for port g19, set PVID to VLAN 2 and went into the Voice VLAN Port Setting Menu thinking, I guess this is what it wants, and voila I got the same "Port g19 is a static member and cannot be a candidate in a Voice VLAN 2."

There are only two other postings in the forum with a request for a solution to this issue. One was given ideas that in all appearances did not resolve the issue, and the other went altogether unaswered. Please help, I am totally stuck.

Model: GS752TP|ProSafe 48 ports PoE Smart switch with 8 PoE+ ports
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
marshman
Tutor

Re: Port g19 is a static member and cannot be a candidate in a Voice VLAN 2

For any others having this issue, you must remove the ports used for Voice VLAN from the membership of the Voice VLAN. In my case, I had to remove port 19 (and others used for voice) from the membership of VLAN 2. Not just set it as untagged, but altogether removed. No U or T, blank! When the phone is plugged into the port it will automatically change the port to tagged for the Voice VLAN.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
marshman
Tutor

A quick update. I factory reset our second switch and didn't add any static VLANs at all. I setup port 13 for Voice, configured all areas per the manual and when I attempted to enable Voice VLAN on port 13 I got the same message that the port was in a static membership. I checked the monitoring tab and it showed that I had two "Static VLAN Entries." The only VLANs that are on the switch are the three default VLANs. This makes me think there is some fundamental issue with the switches or firmware. Perhaps not, but someone please help if you can.

Message 2 of 4
marshman
Tutor

For any others having this issue, you must remove the ports used for Voice VLAN from the membership of the Voice VLAN. In my case, I had to remove port 19 (and others used for voice) from the membership of VLAN 2. Not just set it as untagged, but altogether removed. No U or T, blank! When the phone is plugged into the port it will automatically change the port to tagged for the Voice VLAN.

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi marshman,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Thank you for sharing the solution here in the community! The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements