× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with Lag AND Stack on 2ports on 2switches 728TXS

Weise
Aspirant

Problem with Lag AND Stack on 2ports on 2switches 728TXS

Hello,

I habe 2 switches configured as a stack. And I have configured a LAG with two ports of Switch1 und two ports of Switch2. My Server has got 4 NICs, all NICs are active and configured for LAG. If I connect 2 NICs to a LAG-port on Switch1 und a LAG-port on Switch2, everything is fine and I can ping my server. Also if I connect two NICs to two LAG-ports on one of the switches, it also works fine. If I add the third NIC to one of the LAG-ports, the connection to the server is lost. WHY? What can I do?

Server ist a ESXI5.1-Machine, VSpere Standard Switch is configured for "IP-Hash".

Thanks in advance,

Raphael

Model: GS728TXS|ProSAFE Smart Switch with 10G fiber
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Weise
Aspirant

Re: Problem with Lag AND Stack on 2ports on 2switches 728TXS

Thanks for your answer. I finally set up all one more time and suddenly everything was working fine. Expect, the switch needed one more restart.

Regards,

Raphael

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Weise,

Welcome to our community!

As per checking that you were able to configure 2 LAGs and it is working properly. Have you ever tried to check if the ports are not members of the previous LAG? May you be able also to try if you can just connect the 3rd LAG as 2nd? Meaning you have to remove the other one just to isolate?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
Weise
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer. I finally set up all one more time and suddenly everything was working fine. Expect, the switch needed one more restart.

Regards,

Raphael

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements