× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prosafe 8 port gigabit switch GS108E

silverbuzz
Aspirant

Prosafe 8 port gigabit switch GS108E

Hello,

I have a question about using this switch. I am under the impression I can split the internet signal with it and send it to a blueray player (with netflix) and my DVR. Is this possible ?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Prosafe 8 port gigabit switch GS108E

@silverbuzz,

You're welcome! 🙂  I am glad to know that the network diagram has helped and both units now work. 😄

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi silverbuzz,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You could use the GS108E switch to have internet access at the same time on both blu-ray player (with Netflix) and DVR.  You will have to implement the network setup on the diagram below.

From the network setup depicted above, the WAN port of the router is connected to the modem-only device.  The GS108Ev3 switch is connected to one of the LAN ports of the router.   Both the Blu-ray player and DVR are connected to the GS108Ev3 switch.  The router will provide private IP addresses to the Blu-ray player and DVR so that both devices will have internet access at the same time.

For more information about the GS108Ev3, kindly check the data sheet here with a comparison to other ProSAFE Gigabit Web Managed Plus Switches. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
silverbuzz
Aspirant

Thank you for your help ! I have the switch hooked up as you described and both units work !!

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@silverbuzz,

You're welcome! 🙂  I am glad to know that the network diagram has helped and both units now work. 😄

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements