× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Purchase date incorrect on purchased product - How to get it corrected?_case # 25763594

Harleyfart
Tutor

Purchase date incorrect on purchased product - How to get it corrected?_case # 25763594

How can I get information on a registered product corrected?

I bought 3-GS716Tv2 switches from same vendor on the same day but somehow, one of them is showing an incorrect date of purchase, thereby, cancelling out the 90-day "complimentary" support. They were purchased 34 days ago.

I can find no phone number, other than paying for the 'support'.

A little help/guidance would be great!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Harleyfart
Tutor

Re: Purchase date incorrect on purchased product - How to get it corrected?_case # 25763594

FIRST, LET ME MAKE IT VERY CLEAR. I COMPLETELY RESENT BEING TREATED AS IF I AM LYING ABOUT PURCHASING YOUR GOD DAMNED PRODUCT...
FOR THE RECORD.....if any human being treated me this way face-to-face, they would have their asses kicked immediately. Disrespect comes in a lot of different forms. I do not tolerate it on ANY **bleep**ING LEVEL. SO, **bleep** OFF, **bleep**.

For your information, that 'screenshot' is the ONLY invoice available. It also indicates that I am the PURCHASER, as well as the **bleep**ING DATE OF PURCHASE.

And, NO, the case that is open, regards the inability to update firmware to ANY of those 3 units [but, one S/N is specified in the ticket]; from multiple PC makes, and multiple OSs, AND, the fact that YOUR software [SmartWizard] does not 'discover' ANY Netgear device on my network [FROM ANY DEVICE ON THE NETWORK], while Netgear Genie does. In fact, Netgear Genie works from ANY of my PCs, laptops, server, or tablets.

Finally, IF, buying YOUR products off eBay 'disqualifies' the said product from YOUR EXPLICITLY GUARANTEED SUPPORT FOR 90 DAYS, then, Netgear needs their collective asses kicked between their shoulder blades. This is bull**bleep**. A customer should NOT be forced to "PROVE" THAT THEY PURCHASED YOUR **bleep**ING PRODUCT. You should be able to determine legitimacy by the damned serial number. Evidently you can because the SNs were accepted by YOUR registration system. Once a SN is accepted, that should be all that you idiots need. I mean, **bleep**, how difficult can it be to validate Serial Numbers...you know, those numbers you guys imprint into the damned devices during the manufacturing process??? That **bleep** is documented. So, run a **bleep**ing program routine that verifies against registration database....simple **bleep**, people. OH, and you might try TRUSTING your CUSTOMERS instead of treating them as if they were **bleep**ing liars or scam artists. Your, ahem, "support" is NOT so **bleep**ing great, or 'exclusive', to justify your bull**bleep**.

Truth is, you **bleep**ING BASTARDS SEEK OUT ANY GOD DAMNED EXCUSE YOU CAN TO ESCAPE SUPPORTING YOUR PRODUCT....that is evident.

Your 'support' is a **bleep**ing joke.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Purchase date incorrect on purchased product - How to get it corrected?_case # 25763594

Hi Harleyfart,

It seems that you have already contacted NETGEAR Support and have an online case opened regarding your concern.  It would be best that you attached a pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the GS716Tv2 switch/es on your online case for verification.  It is because what you have attached is just a screenshot of your purchase history from you eBay account and that is not valid.  

The hotline number of NETGEAR Support is 1855-7767233.  They are open 24/7 even on holidays and weekends.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 4
Harleyfart
Tutor

FIRST, LET ME MAKE IT VERY CLEAR. I COMPLETELY RESENT BEING TREATED AS IF I AM LYING ABOUT PURCHASING YOUR GOD DAMNED PRODUCT...
FOR THE RECORD.....if any human being treated me this way face-to-face, they would have their asses kicked immediately. Disrespect comes in a lot of different forms. I do not tolerate it on ANY **bleep**ING LEVEL. SO, **bleep** OFF, **bleep**.

For your information, that 'screenshot' is the ONLY invoice available. It also indicates that I am the PURCHASER, as well as the **bleep**ING DATE OF PURCHASE.

And, NO, the case that is open, regards the inability to update firmware to ANY of those 3 units [but, one S/N is specified in the ticket]; from multiple PC makes, and multiple OSs, AND, the fact that YOUR software [SmartWizard] does not 'discover' ANY Netgear device on my network [FROM ANY DEVICE ON THE NETWORK], while Netgear Genie does. In fact, Netgear Genie works from ANY of my PCs, laptops, server, or tablets.

Finally, IF, buying YOUR products off eBay 'disqualifies' the said product from YOUR EXPLICITLY GUARANTEED SUPPORT FOR 90 DAYS, then, Netgear needs their collective asses kicked between their shoulder blades. This is bull**bleep**. A customer should NOT be forced to "PROVE" THAT THEY PURCHASED YOUR **bleep**ING PRODUCT. You should be able to determine legitimacy by the damned serial number. Evidently you can because the SNs were accepted by YOUR registration system. Once a SN is accepted, that should be all that you idiots need. I mean, **bleep**, how difficult can it be to validate Serial Numbers...you know, those numbers you guys imprint into the damned devices during the manufacturing process??? That **bleep** is documented. So, run a **bleep**ing program routine that verifies against registration database....simple **bleep**, people. OH, and you might try TRUSTING your CUSTOMERS instead of treating them as if they were **bleep**ing liars or scam artists. Your, ahem, "support" is NOT so **bleep**ing great, or 'exclusive', to justify your bull**bleep**.

Truth is, you **bleep**ING BASTARDS SEEK OUT ANY GOD DAMNED EXCUSE YOU CAN TO ESCAPE SUPPORTING YOUR PRODUCT....that is evident.

Your 'support' is a **bleep**ing joke.

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Harleyfart,

@Harleyfart wrote:

No one is treating you here that as if you are lying about purchasing the GS716Tv2 switch/es.  

@Harleyfart wrote:

Like what I have mentioned on my previous post, the 'screenshot' is not valid.  

@Harleyfart wrote:

Finally, IF, buying YOUR products off eBay 'disqualifies' the said product from YOUR EXPLICITLY GUARANTEED SUPPORT FOR 90 DAYS, then, Netgear needs their collective asses kicked between their shoulder blades. This is bull**bleep**. A customer should NOT be forced to "PROVE" THAT THEY PURCHASED YOUR **bleep**ING PRODUCT.

From the 'screenshot,' it shows that GS716Tv2 switch/es was bought from a person that is not a qualified NETGEAR reseller.  This would mean that the GS716Tv2 switch/es is considered refurbished and not entitled for any warranty claim.  Because of this, the purchase date that needs correction will not be carried out. 

@Harleyfart wrote:

A customer should NOT be forced to "PROVE" THAT THEY PURCHASED YOUR **bleep**ING PRODUCT. You should be able to determine legitimacy by the damned serial number. Evidently you can because the SNs were accepted by YOUR registration system. Once a SN is accepted, that should be all that you idiots need. I mean, **bleep**, how difficult can it be to validate Serial Numbers...you know, those numbers you guys imprint into the damned devices during the manufacturing process??? That **bleep** is documented. So, run a **bleep**ing program routine that verifies against registration database....simple **bleep**, people. OH, and you might try TRUSTING your CUSTOMERS instead of treating them as if they were **bleep**ing liars or scam artists. Your, ahem, "support" is NOT so **bleep**ing great, or 'exclusive', to justify your bull**bleep**.

NETGEAR Support requests clients to submit the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of their NETGEAR devices for verification purposes such as warranty claims, correction in registration (in your case the purchase date needs to be corrected), merging of profiles, etc.  

Kindly contact NETGEAR Support if ever you want to file a complaint.  I have already given you the hotline number on my previous post.

You may want to check these links below:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1113/~/warranty-return-policy

http://www.netgear.com/about/warranty/

NETGEAR Authorized Resellers

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos