× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Register JGS516-2 but says serial no is already registered

NickC_UK
Aspirant

Register JGS516-2 but says serial no is already registered

Cannot register my Netgear 16 port Gigabit Prosafe switch (JGS516-2) as your system tells me that serial no is already registered.  However I have owned this unit from brand new.  How can I register this?

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Register JGS516-2 but says serial no is already registered

You could have registered the device under the correct serial number a longer time ago already e.g. on a different account.

Use https://my.netgear.com/warrantycheck.aspx to check the warranty status for the serial number in question.

As these serial numbers don't contain any signature or checksum, anyone in the Internet could register falsely a random serial number just for the fun and pun.

For warranty purposes, you need an invoice with date and serial number as a proof or purchase anyway.

Send an email with your issue description, product details, serial number, and proof of purchase to email customer.service@netgear.com with the subject "Product Registration Issue", and allow some business days for processing.

Message 2 of 5
NickC_UK
Aspirant

Yes that website link indicates that prooduct was registered on: 2010-01-12 and hardware warranty is valid untill: 2037-05-29.

However I have tried emailing that address you suggested previously but no one ever replied, that is why I have put the message on this forum.  I can't see how else I can get anyone at Netgear to respond.

Message 3 of 5
NickC_UK
Aspirant

Have emailed Netgear three times now but no one ever replies!  How can I actuially talk to someone?

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@ChristineT please - I'm lost, nothing more community members can do here 8-/

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements