× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Registration Required To Use the GUI

wumbeer
Tutor

Registration Required To Use the GUI

We have been purchasing Netgear switches for 11 years. We are a small consulting firm. WTH is up with this newest firmware that REQUIRES you to register a switch before you can use it? I just burned 30 minutes trying to figure out HOW to use my switch when I was attempting to troubleshoot a customer's problems. We don't bother logging into some ancillary switches unless we have to, so first time I sign in I cannot use the dang thing.

This was probably done by someone who does not actually work out in the field. You do things like this that do not improve my experience using Netgear which will push me into using something else.

I am typing this as I am angry at having to have spent so much of my time doing something that has ZERO to do with servicing my customer or utilizing the switch that we paid for. You should rethink this.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Registration Required To Use the GUI

It's already in the process.

-> Re: Why We Require Registration on Smart Pro Switches - Message 37 

@Iphie_C wrote:

The registration will NO longer be mandatory on Smart Pro switches with Insight Management in the next firmware release, which will happen early Q1 next year. Users can then skip registration to access UI with full features.

It's still highly recommended to register your devices to activate full warranty entitlement and get updated with future firmware release including updates that enhance the security of your network.

Please find more details in the NETGEAR  Product Registration FAQ in the link below:

https://kb.netgear.com/1160/NETGEAR-Product-Registration-FAQ#why

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Registration Required To Use the GUI

It's already in the process.

-> Re: Why We Require Registration on Smart Pro Switches - Message 37 

@Iphie_C wrote:

The registration will NO longer be mandatory on Smart Pro switches with Insight Management in the next firmware release, which will happen early Q1 next year. Users can then skip registration to access UI with full features.

It's still highly recommended to register your devices to activate full warranty entitlement and get updated with future firmware release including updates that enhance the security of your network.

Please find more details in the NETGEAR  Product Registration FAQ in the link below:

https://kb.netgear.com/1160/NETGEAR-Product-Registration-FAQ#why

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements