× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Registration question

liam32123
Aspirant

Registration question

I recently purchased a couple of used switches, and want to add them to my MyNETGEAR portal.  I get this error:

"This serial number is already registered to another customer. Please email NETGEAR support Customer.service@netgear.com for help."

customer.service@netgear.com does not reply to emails - is that no longer the appropriate address?  I would very mush like my switches to not be registered to someone else, especially as Netgear now enables remote administration of the switches.

Has anyone successful got the registration of a used switch corrected?

Thank you

Cheers, Liam

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Registration question

@liam32123 wrote:

customer.service@netgear.com does not reply to emails - is that no longer the appropriate address?

Still the same address. Keep in mind it can take several days before email will be replied. 

@liam32123 wrote:

I would very mush like my switches to not be registered to someone else, especially as Netgear now enables remote administration of the switches.

Keep in mind Netgear will unlikely not re-register these switches to your account -  mainly because of the life time warranty remains with the original buyer, and is not transferable.

Its a little bit different with Insight. In the case the seller has not removed the devices from Insight, Netgear support is able to do this, once you managed to provide proof of ownership (to avoid abuse!) to Netgear. A device previously added to Insight will be taken back to the account and control of the original user once you change from local to Insight management from the local Web UI.

You should always be able to add a device with the Serial Number (and sometimes additionally the MAC address) to your Insight account, regardless of the device Netgear account registration status.

How do I discover, add, and register switches, access points, and Orbi Pro WiFi Systems in Insight? 

Message 2 of 3
liam32123
Aspirant

Re: Registration question

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements