× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Reset password fails on XS748T

astrodb
Initiate

Reset password fails on XS748T

I've recently bought and installed a new XS748T 48-Port 10-Gigabit Smart managed Switch, but I'm unable to change the default admin password.  I can login to the web GUI on the expected IP address (192.168.0.239), but all attempts to use the "Change Password" form under the "Security" tab give the following error:

pasword-error.jpg

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
astrodb
Initiate

It turns out I misunderstood the entry form.  I was filling out the password fields, then checking the "Reset Password" tickbox, and then clicking 'Apply'.   I'm guessing that the tickbox just resets the password to default though, and isn't supposed to be used with the password fields.  By just filling out the fields and clicking 'Apply' the change went through.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi astrodb,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Have you tried using other browsers like Chrome or Firefox?

b. Have you tried using other PCs or laptops to isolate the problem?

c. Have you tried to reboot the XS748T then try changing the default password?

d. What is the current firmware version of your XS748T?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
astrodb
Initiate

It turns out I misunderstood the entry form.  I was filling out the password fields, then checking the "Reset Password" tickbox, and then clicking 'Apply'.   I'm guessing that the tickbox just resets the password to default though, and isn't supposed to be used with the password fields.  By just filling out the fields and clicking 'Apply' the change went through.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@astrodb,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm glad that you were able to figure it out and able to change the default password. 🙂 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements