× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

S3300-52X Questions

xdavid
Aspirant

S3300-52X Questions

A few basic queries about the S3300-52X - thanks for any input!

I presume that the 2 x 10G ethernet ports are 'ready to go' and do not need the purchase of any additional module?

I presume that the 2 x SFP ports do require additional modules for any proposed connections?

If I am 'stacking' 2 separate S3300-52X's, 30m apart, is there any benefit from connecting both 10G eth ports on each unit or do I just connect one on each (leaving the second on each spare)?

If stacking two units on a single 10G ethernet cable, can the 2nd 10G port be used independently for likes of a link to a server (with 10G port) or another switch (e.g., a 10G switch).

Thank you!

Model: S3300-52X (GS752TX)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: S3300-52X Questions

@xdavid,

I presume that the 2 x 10G ethernet ports are 'ready to go' and do not need the purchase of any additional module?

That is correct. Port 49 and 50 are 2 dedicated ports for 10G and module is not needed.

I presume that the 2 x SFP ports do require additional modules for any proposed connections?

Yes, it supports SFP+ modules. That will depend on you if you are going to use it for LAG or for stacking.

If I am 'stacking' 2 separate S3300-52X's, 30m apart, is there any benefit from connecting both 10G eth ports on each unit or do I just connect one on each (leaving the second on each spare)?

You can also use the 2nd port to increase the bandwidth and may also be used for redundancy.

If stacking two units on a single 10G ethernet cable, can the 2nd 10G port be used independently for likes of a link to a server (with 10G port) or another switch (e.g., a 10G switch).

Yes, just make sure that the port is assigned as "Ethernet" and not "Stack".

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: S3300-52X Questions

@xdavid,

That is correct. Port 49 and 50 are 2 dedicated ports for 10G and module is not needed.

Yes, it supports SFP+ modules. That will depend on you if you are going to use it for LAG or for stacking.

You can also use the 2nd port to increase the bandwidth and may also be used for redundancy.

Yes, just make sure that the port is assigned as "Ethernet" and not "Stack".

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements