× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SFP+ Modules from other manufacturers than Netgear in XS708T managed switch

JimRander
Aspirant

SFP+ Modules from other manufacturers than Netgear in XS708T managed switch

Dear folks,

In a new Netgear switch XS708T, I would like to use SFP+ modules from other manufacturers like Chelsio (e.g. SM10G-SR). I'm wondering if XS708T supports Netgear SFP+ modules only (like AXM761-10000S) or if it runs with SFP+ modules from other manufacturers as well?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SFP+ Modules from other manufacturers than Netgear in XS708T managed switch

Hello JimRander, 

Welcome to the community! 

We always recommend using the NETGEAR SFP modules, other modules may or may not work. We do not do compatibility test on third party modules but other users claim that they were able to use SFP modules of different brands. IMHO, if the modules follow the standards needed it should work fine. I am adding this link for recommended modules. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JimRander, 

Welcome to the community! 

We always recommend using the NETGEAR SFP modules, other modules may or may not work. We do not do compatibility test on third party modules but other users claim that they were able to use SFP modules of different brands. IMHO, if the modules follow the standards needed it should work fine. I am adding this link for recommended modules. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JimRander, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements