× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX 5308 Blocked to Login From WAN side

Niabu
Aspirant

SRX 5308 Blocked to Login From WAN side

Hi!

I have a little problem. Can`t connect from wan side to my router 😞

And I can`t understend what i`m doing wrong...

Chekbox "secure https connection" is active. Firmware is latest.

When I`m trying to connect that blackbox ip, i`m receiving this: Blocked to Login From WAN side

What am I do wrong?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: SRX 5308 Blocked to Login From WAN side

Hi Niabu,

Welcome to the community!

There is a policy set on the admin user by default to block the account to login from the WAN. This is a security mechanism as the admin password is a default password easily available on the internet.

To disable this feature go to Users - Users. For the admin user click on Policies. De-select the option "Deny Login from WAN Interface" and click Apply.

You should change the password from the default password before making this change.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Niabu,

Welcome to the community!

There is a policy set on the admin user by default to block the account to login from the WAN. This is a security mechanism as the admin password is a default password easily available on the internet.

To disable this feature go to Users - Users. For the admin user click on Policies. De-select the option "Deny Login from WAN Interface" and click Apply.

You should change the password from the default password before making this change.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 3
Niabu
Aspirant

Thanks! It was chekbox that I searched!!!

It`s OK now 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements