× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SWITCH GS724T or JGS524E which choose?

SwitchDaniele
Follower

SWITCH GS724T or JGS524E which choose?

Good Morning, I'm doing a domestic system and I need to choose a switch to send internet signal to all TV and to be ready to connect to a domotic system (domestic security, roller shutter, new generation of elettrical appliance, and so go on...). I don't really understand the difference between these 2 choises. 

Indeed which one is more new? (or are thifferent kind of product?)

SWITCH GS724T  or JGS524E which choose? which is your advice and why?

Thank you so much

Daniele

Model: GS724T|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch, JGS524E|ProSAFE Plus 24-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SWITCH GS724T or JGS524E which choose?

Hi Daniele

Welcome to our community !

The JGS524E and GS724T are different type of switches, the JGS524E belongs to our Smart Plus Series and the GS724T to our Smart Pro Series.

In terms of Hardware the main difference is that the GS724T has SFP ports that you can use it for fibre connections.

In terms of Software both of them are web managed switches and support VLANs, QoS , Multicast however the GS724T has more advance settings in the VLANs,QoS and Multicast and also supports SNMP ,STP and ACLs.

For an environment like yours I would recommend also to have a look at the JGS524PE that comes with 12-port PoE so you will be able to power on IP Cameras, IP Phones, Door Controllers, PoE lights .

Hope it helps!

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Daniele

Welcome to our community !

The JGS524E and GS724T are different type of switches, the JGS524E belongs to our Smart Plus Series and the GS724T to our Smart Pro Series.

In terms of Hardware the main difference is that the GS724T has SFP ports that you can use it for fibre connections.

In terms of Software both of them are web managed switches and support VLANs, QoS , Multicast however the GS724T has more advance settings in the VLANs,QoS and Multicast and also supports SNMP ,STP and ACLs.

For an environment like yours I would recommend also to have a look at the JGS524PE that comes with 12-port PoE so you will be able to power on IP Cameras, IP Phones, Door Controllers, PoE lights .

Hope it helps!

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Hi,

These are switches from two different classes: The JGS524E does come from the Smart Managed Plus series, the GS724T is from the Smart Managed Pro series. More features, more management options, SNMP support, ... on the GS724T.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@SwitchDaniele,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

In addition to the response of @XavierLL, for more information about the specifications of the JGS524E switch, kindly check its data sheet here.

Also, the GS724Tv4 (v = version) is the latest model of the GS724T switch.  If ever you want to know its specification, kindly check its data sheet here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements