× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speed limit issues in local area

azgor
Follower

Speed limit issues in local area

Hello there!

I need some help 🙂

I have S3300-52X (GS752TX) and five devices (for example named d1,d2,d3,d4,d5).

If im coping from d1 to d2, my speed 1gbs. If im coping from d1 to d2 and d3 in the same time my speed is divided into 2 parts - its ok, its normal. But if i add coping from d4 to d5 in the same time my speed is divided into 3 parts - 333mbs for each stream.

1) copying d1>d2 — 1gbs speed

2) copying d1>d2 + d1>d3 — 500+500mbs speed

3) copying d1>d2 + d3>d4 — 500+500mbs speed

4) copying d1>d2 + d1>d3 + d4>d5 — 333+333+333mbs speed

It does not matter from which device the copying is started. What could be the problem?

Firmware updated. Factory defaults set.

Model: S3300-52X (GS752TX)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Speed limit issues in local area

Reads like all data copied is flowing over the same system. Triggering copy say using a Windows Explorer or MacOS FInder workstation? 

Leaving the capable Windows Microsoft Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) alone allowing to control direct copy operations between multiple systems and shares (without looping the workstation, requires decent WIndows servers or capable network attached storage devices) - each of the devices has at least a Gigabit Ethernet link available. When sitting on the d4 or d5 system and initialize a copy to d5 resp. d4 this link has dedicated Gigabit bandwidth available.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements