× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stacked switches split in two groups that can't see each other GS752TPS

ThatNicolas
Aspirant

Stacked switches split in two groups that can't see each other GS752TPS

the stack knows there should be 3 switches in it, one sees 2, the other sees only itself and both says the one/ones he can't see is offline, but they are currently working.

Model: GS752TPS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with PoE and 4 SFP uplinks
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ThatNicolas
Aspirant

Re: Stacked switches split in two groups that can't see each other GS752TPS

Hi John,

i ended up resolving this with the phone support that i had available on one of the 3 switches.

the problem came from cleaning the switches with compressed air(removing them, cleaning them and putting them back in place), where i did not plug the fiberoptic cables back in the same position, as one locking clip that was in the wrong direction was stopping the connector below from entering correctly, so i inserted it in the next one, which was not a stacking port.

in the end, i had to wait until office after hours, remove the connector from the bottom port, remove the fiber from the top, lock the top one, put the fiber back in, insert the bottom one and restart everything. I had to change the switch that was identified as master, as it was the least reacheable, but everything is back to normal.

i'm a bit annoyed by the immediate request to update firmware when there is a problem, especially when you have a stack and they need to be on the same firmware for it to work...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@ThatNicolas,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

We do apologize for the inconvenience. May I know if all the switches are running on their latest firmware? If not, please do update the firmware on its latest version. Also, was this working perfectly before? What changes did you make that resulted in this issue?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
ThatNicolas
Aspirant

Hi John,

i ended up resolving this with the phone support that i had available on one of the 3 switches.

the problem came from cleaning the switches with compressed air(removing them, cleaning them and putting them back in place), where i did not plug the fiberoptic cables back in the same position, as one locking clip that was in the wrong direction was stopping the connector below from entering correctly, so i inserted it in the next one, which was not a stacking port.

in the end, i had to wait until office after hours, remove the connector from the bottom port, remove the fiber from the top, lock the top one, put the fiber back in, insert the bottom one and restart everything. I had to change the switch that was identified as master, as it was the least reacheable, but everything is back to normal.

i'm a bit annoyed by the immediate request to update firmware when there is a problem, especially when you have a stack and they need to be on the same firmware for it to work...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements