× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Stacking 3x GS752TS steps

DF2002
Tutor

Stacking 3x GS752TS steps

Hi, I have a couple GS752TS and one GS752TSP switches, ready to create a 3 switch stack.

I have 4 sets of the direct attach cables as well.

I have logged into each switch, registered them, and updated to the latest firmwares.

I have assigned the GS752TSP switch a static IP and would like to use it as master.

I have assigned the other two switches static IPs as well. Unsure if this is necessary (or even recommended) if stacking them.

I would like to set them up using stacking in a ring topology.

So what are my next steps?......

Do I use ports 51+52 on each switch to create the ring?

What information do I need to configure in the web interface for stacking on each switch?

I have looked a bit for information or guides but can't quite find info for these models.

Thanks for any helpful tips on where I go next!

Model: GS752TSB|ProSafe 52 ports gigabit stackable smart switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@DF2002,

That's great! You may use the DAC cables for stacking and any of the ports from 49-52 can be used for stacking 🙂

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DF2002
Tutor

Update: I did find the youtube netgear video which does a nice job of explaining the stacks, albeit with S3300 equipment.

It answered most of my questions.

One thing though, I still am not sure of the exact ports I am supposed to use with the GS752TS equipment. Can I simply use ports 49+50 on each switch using the direct attach cables to configure the stack?

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@DF2002,

That's great! You may use the DAC cables for stacking and any of the ports from 49-52 can be used for stacking 🙂

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
DF2002
Tutor

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies