× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stacking GS752TPSB and GS752TSB questions

DF2002
Tutor

Stacking GS752TPSB and GS752TSB questions

Hi, I am new to switch stacking. I will soon be getting 2 GS752TPSB and 2 GS752TSB switches, and am wondering about the following:

a)if stacking is preferable to uplinking. Are there other benefits to stacking besides the single IP management? 

b)can I stack for example 2 switches, and then add a 3rd and 4th switch into the stack later without majorly reconfiguring everything?

c)Lastly, assuming these 4 switches would be used, I would have 1 switch in a separate part of the building, connected to the main patch panel via standard copper CAT6. Is there anything I can do to stack this last switch, or would I only be able to uplink that one?

Thanks, excited to get testing soon!

Model: GS752TPSB|ProSafe 52 ports gigabit stackable smart switch with PoE
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Stacking GS752TPSB and GS752TSB questions

@DF2002,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

a)if stacking is preferable to uplinking. Are there other benefits to stacking besides the single IP management? 

Let me share the article below: 

What is stacking, which smart switches support it, and what are the functionalities of stacking? 

b)can I stack for example 2 switches, and then add a 3rd and 4th switch into the stack later without majorly reconfiguring everything?

Yes.  You can stack up to 6 switches.  Be reminded that you can only mix and match different switch models from the same switch series.  Let me share the article below and use it as your guide: 

How do I add switches to an operating stack on my managed switch? 

Furthermore, kindly read pages 61-69 of the GS7xxTS/GS7xxTPS software administration manual here about Stacking. 

c) Lastly, assuming these 4 switches would be used, I would have 1 switch in a separate part of the building, connected to the main patch panel via standard copper CAT6. Is there anything I can do to stack this last switch, or would I only be able to uplink that one?

The compatible SFP modules for the GS752TPS and GS752TS switches are AGM731F, AGM732F and AFM735.  Kindly check the distance supported by each SFP module on the table below: 

AGM731F_AGM732F_AFM735.jpg

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DF2002,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let me share the article below: 

What is stacking, which smart switches support it, and what are the functionalities of stacking? 

Yes.  You can stack up to 6 switches.  Be reminded that you can only mix and match different switch models from the same switch series.  Let me share the article below and use it as your guide: 

How do I add switches to an operating stack on my managed switch? 

Furthermore, kindly read pages 61-69 of the GS7xxTS/GS7xxTPS software administration manual here about Stacking. 

c) Lastly, assuming these 4 switches would be used, I would have 1 switch in a separate part of the building, connected to the main patch panel via standard copper CAT6. Is there anything I can do to stack this last switch, or would I only be able to uplink that one?

The compatible SFP modules for the GS752TPS and GS752TS switches are AGM731F, AGM732F and AFM735.  Kindly check the distance supported by each SFP module on the table below: 

AGM731F_AGM732F_AFM735.jpg

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 3
DF2002
Tutor

Thank you very much for pointing me to these articles! I think that answers most of my questions for now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements